Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Cheat on Tom's Challenge

Share
My good friend Tom Venuto has thrown out a Holiday Fitness Challenge to his readers.

Some might recall my discussion with Tom a while back, where I confronted him on his views on meal frequency. To my disappointment, he ended up agreeing with me on the issue that a high meal frequency does zilch to boost your metabolism.

To be honest, I was secretly looking for a fierce debate. But Tom is one of the few gurus out there that actually cares about being scientifically correct and updated, which is a rarity in the fitness industry. For that he gets my respect.



His book is also the most complete package about weight training and nutrition that money can buy. You can read my review here.

I'll pay you 500$

For those motivated, I encourage you to go and cheat on Tom's challenge by using a low meal frequency diet of two to three meals a day. I know Tom is a fan of higher meal frequencies, and it would be sweet if someone won the challenge by not using the higher meal frequency approach suggested in Burn The Fat.

The registration has just opened and the winners get a trip to Jamaica.

On top of that, I'll personally reward the winners with a 500$ cash prize if the following conditions are met:

1) Eat two to three big meals a day (instead of smaller, more frequency meals).

2) Register and make the purchase(s) via the links in this post. The name on the credit card owner is what makes you eligible to receive the 500$ cash prize* from me.

* transaction via PayPal.

...And one more thing - I will not be available to coach you during the competition, so please do not send me e-mails asking for diet advice- that's what Tom's book is for. You'll also get even more great information from Tom if you sign up for an Inner Circle Membership.

This should be fun. Good luck.

P.S. Registration is open until November 25th.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woah, insane offer Martin

Anonymous said...

Hey nice offer, think Im gonna sign up. Jamaica here I come:)

Tony Toma said...

Hello Martin, quick question:

I purchased the book via your link last week. Any way I may still be eligible?

I have been following your IF protocol (which is amazing btw, 3lbs LBM gained and 23lbs of BF lost since June '09) and using the goal setting/nutrition guidelines that Tom provided in his BFFM book (best purchase ever).

Seeing this today is a pretty crazy coincidence and I hope that I can still qualify!

Thanks for your time and most importantly, thank you for everything that you do.

Unknown said...

No problem, Tony. Just let me know if you win and the money is yours.

I agree it's a great book. One of the very few I would promote in a manner like this.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Martin.

I recently found your website after being referred by an enlightened friend. ;)

I definitely recognize that there is no metabolic advantage from an increased meal frequency when you're comparing intakes that are identical or very similar in nature. But I have actually found that I thrive when eating anywhere from 4-6 times a day, and I am so used to it that it is almost reflexive in terms of being easy for me.

Given this post about Tom's contest but you offering an extra incentive for someone using a lower meal frequency, I was just curious if there is anything inherently inferior about an increased frequency or if it simply comes down to what works for your goals and fits with your lifestyle?

I hope to spend quite a bit of time going through past posts on your site, as I am eager to benefit from you sharing all of your wisdom and knowledge.

Thank you for reading my post, and have a great day.

~Jeff Healy

Anonymous said...

i cant speak for everyone but I get cravings if I eat 5-6 times/day.

Unknown said...

I signed up and will see how it goes. He does have some great information in his package...

Anonymous said...

Who won the challenge by the way?

/Tommy




My name is Martin Berkhan and I work as a nutritional consultant, magazine writer and personal trainer.

Welcome to the Internet's leading resource on intermittent fasting and all things related.


FeedBurner FeedCount

Google Friend Connect

Join Me on Twitter

Facebook

Follow Me on Facebook

Recommended Reading

Lame Title, Good Book

Recommended Reading

Intermittent Fasting for Fat Loss

Recommended Reading

Covers All Bases

Recommended Reading

Awesome Recipes for The Paleo Diet
Recipes for the Paleo Diet - Two Cookbooks - 120 Recipes Each!>

Recommended Reading

Fat Loss Made Easy

Great Interval Timer

+1 If You Think Leangains is Awesome